Shih Tzu Obsessions Forum

Title Says it all.... Obsessed about Shih Tzus

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Since I was unable to get this forum going with members, please join http://www.crazyaboutshihtzu.com

Share | 

Skinny Shih tzu

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crickets-mom

PostSubject: Skinny Shih tzu   Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:13 pm

My cricket, has a digestive disorder and I cannot put weight on her, you can feel every rib, her backbone, hipbones, and chest bone. She is on free feed vet perscribed food, but she will only take a few bites at a time. I think she is afraid of an attack of her digestive system. At times she gets severely ill, vomiting, diahrea, and pain. She's been to the emergency vet probably 7 times or more in her short 2yrs of life due to this. The vet says it's who she is, but she continues to loose weight and I'm afraid I may loose her, I will not let her suffer, but I am not one to give up either. I've tried several things from food enahncers, natural digestive supplements, chicken and rice, and weight gain products nothing helps she just doesn't want to eat, and then when she does she has a digestive attack. Currently I've been trying a mixture of wet and dry food and she does eat that a little better but I know she will refuse it as soon as she gets ill again. Still no weight gain tho. I'm also know wet food is bad for her teeth, but shes eating it which is more then I can say about the dry food. Anyone have any advice? Have you ever had this problem before?
Back to top Go down
Stacey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Skinny Shih tzu   Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:32 pm

Yes, I've heard of digestive issues before, but never delt with them first hand.

do you know how many calories are in that food?

Mommy to Maci, Bert & Lea
Back to top Go down
http://shihtzuobsessions.niceboard.net
Crickets-mom

PostSubject: Re: Skinny Shih tzu   Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Depends on which food she is eating, we are now in a battle just to have something in her bowl she will eat, once she has an attack that's it she won''t touch it anymore. While constantly loosing weight, checked her this morning and she has absolutely no fat on her tummy, I can now pick up atleast 3 inches of skin all over her entire body, back to the vet next month to see if they can run more tests they need to find out how to fix this, her bones are now getting weak as well, I will pick her up and you can hear them crack. It's like her body is fighting itself and it has to end. She keeps getting worse, and now even with all that fur you can tell shes really thin before it was hideable. I'm afraid were loosing the battle can't wait till that apointment. She is seriously most likely a 2 on the fat scale and slowly falling to a 1 I refuse to set here and watch her die, the vets never tend to run tests so now I'm giving them no choice they need to find out whats wrong with my dog. Holistic food doesn't work, weight gainers doesn't work, digestive supplements doesn't work, meds don't work nothing seems to work. I'm afraid to let her out of her kennel for fear she will get hurt in her weakened state I'm just praying they figure out what is going on with her.
Back to top Go down
Stacey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Skinny Shih tzu   Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:07 am

have you ever thought about feeding raw?

or have you tried that.

I too think its time for tests in order for her to live....

Good luck and I hope you find the problem soon.

Mommy to Maci, Bert & Lea
Back to top Go down
http://shihtzuobsessions.niceboard.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skinny Shih tzu   

Back to top Go down

Skinny Shih tzu
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1